Rep. Kidau Refutes Media Report

Forum
Monrovia, Liberia

Distributed by

The Perspective
Atlanta, Georgia

Posted August 23, 2006

Nimba County lawmaker of Electoral District #4, Madam Nohn Rebecca Kidau, says at no time has her people expressed vote of no confidence in her.

The Nimba lawmaker said contrary to report in the Tuesday, 15 August 2006 edition of The FORUM, she is always with the citizens of her constituency, adding, “I am up country most of the time with my people. What is happening is that I am without an office since the sitting of this Legislature for reasons best known to those responsible for said allocation.”

The FORUM in its Vol. 4 #38, 15 August edition reported that elders, youth, chiefs and women working group of the Garr-Bain Administrative District at a recent meeting wanted Rep. Kidau resigned because whenever they wish to see her for discussion at the Capitol Building, it has been impossible simply because of lack of office.

But speaking to this paper over the weekend in another colleague’s office, Rep. Kidau said, the report was far from the truth, adding, “I am always with my people and attend all consultative meetings.”

When quizzed about the issue of office space, Rep. Kidau said, “While it is true that I am without an office, it doesn’t relate to any problem with my people. They sympathize with me. In fact, as we speak, they are intending to stage a sit-in action on the compound of the Capitol Building in protest to my issue of office since the sitting of this body several months ago. Indeed, my office is on wheel because those who are responsible to provide me office for reasons best known to themselves don’t want to do it.” She said it is embarrassing to her because whenever the people of her district come to see her they cannot see her due to this problem of “no office syndrome.”

© 2006: This article is copyrighted by the Forum newspaper (Monrovia, Liberia) and distributed by The Perspective (Atlanta, Georgia). All rights reserved. Forum can reached at: Forum@theperspective.org