“My Husband Is Not Prepared” - Clar Weah Breaks Silence

Forum
Monrovia, Liberia

Distributed by

The Perspective
Atlanta, Georgia

Posted November 5, 2005

Mrs. Clar Weah, the legally wedded wife of Ambassador George Weah says she sees Liberia as a dangerous state under the administration of Congress for Democratic Change (CDC).

According to the New York Times, Mrs. Weah was speaking recently in the United States regarding her husband’s desire to seek the nation’s highest office.

Clar reportedly said, “My husband is really not prepared for the task, but African men sometimes are moved by sentiments and greed, but George is not prepared.”

“I have no plan to live in Liberia if George is president because as I speak, he has taken another wife (Mamie Doe) who is a Liberian to be known as first lady, simply because I am a Jamaican.”

Efforts to contact Mr. Weah’s media advisors, Milton Teahjay or Sam Stevequiah did not materialize as their phones were either switch off or out of coverage areas.

© 2005: This article is copyrighted by the Forum newspaper (Monrovia, Liberia) and distributed by The Perspective (Atlanta, Georgia). All rights reserved. Forum can reached at: Forum@theperspective.org